In the 1970s the Yard still contained a firm of armourers called Robert White & Son. Owned by Charles Fox Ltd, theatrical costumiers (now specialists in theatrical make-up), Robert White made swords and armour for theatrical use. One of their most famous commissions was for replicas of the Crown Jewels - indeed they produced the replica used in the rehearsal for the Queen’s Coronation in 1953. According to Dave Allen who has worked for Charles Fox since 1953, Robert White was originally based in Broad Court in the early 1930s. The company moved to Neal Street then Neal’s Yard, finally closing down from premises on Gray’s Inn Road no longer being able to find specialist craftsmen to work for them.